Friday, March 3, 2023

Manaakitanga

This week we have been talking about Manaakitanga and what it means- showing care and respect for self and others. 


We read a story about how we can fill people's buckets by being kind. We learnt that when we are being kind and fill other people's buckets we are also filling our own buckets! 

We brainstormed how we can be bucket fillers and show Manaakitanga in the studio...




I can stand up for my friend when someone is being a bully. I can show 5 to the teacher on the mat. I can play with my friends. (Layla)

I can help people to read things and help people if they slip. (Harvey)

I can show 5 to the teacher. I can fill a bucket by saying a compliment. I can fill a bucket by including others by letting someone play with me. I can help someone by carrying their books. (Luana)

I can help someone trying to carry something. I can help someone build something. (Ollie)

I can read the word that is hard for them. Giving people compliments. I fill a bucket by being kind to the new people that are in Tī Kōuka and helping the new children at playtime. (Axl)

We saw lots of Manaakitanga in the studio this week:

Building Marble runs

                                    Sharing using the multi links and magnets

                                    Creating together with the blocks and Lego

                                    Taking turns on the monkey bars and at the water pump.

                                Playing fairly during soccer and following the rules.


Building a big water park together




Letting people join in and building a big castle.

Asking if we can join in






No comments:

Post a Comment

Waterslide Fun!

 Today we celebrated the end of an awesome year with a waterslide! Woohoo!!!