Friday, June 9, 2023

Eric Carle inspired Art

Over the last few weeks, we have been creating our calendar art using painting and collage techniques. We got our inspiration from the author and illustrator Eric Carle. 




This week we wrote descriptions of the animals we created. You can read them in the studio.  Here is a sneak peek at a few.




My giraffe is as bright as the sun. My giraffe can dance. My giraffe's neck is all the way up to the sky. My giraffe lives in my house and sometimes my giraffe takes vacations in the jungle.  My giraffe eats the leaves of trees and grass. I like to feed my giraffe leaves. My giraffe is a very very happy giraffe. He is very kind and beautiful. My giraffe has pizza covered all over his body. My giraffe is really strong.


By Ollie



My cat likes to take naps in the sun. My cat

likes to eat food on the bench. My cat has a

ginger tail.  It has a ginger spotty body.  My

cat loves cuddles when he’s scared.  He loves

me because he loves sleeping on my bed and

stealing my pillow. My cat can run like a rocket.

My cat can jump as high as the moon.

My cat is a millionaire. His name is Rafferty.


By Liam




My spider makes spider webs so sticky. It can walk on the roof and can crawl on your arm. It is creepy too. It makes webs. My spider has long legs. My spider has cool green and pink eyes.


Ruby



My ladybug lives in the wild.  It is little like an ant.  It is cute. It is red. It has spots. My bug can climb trees. My ladybug is fancy and a cool insect.


By Brooke



My ladybug is red. My bug has spots.

It flies around. My bug has different coloured

eyes. My bug lives in New Zealand.

My bug has a big body. My bug has medium

antennae.


By Layla


No comments:

Post a Comment

Waterslide Fun!

 Today we celebrated the end of an awesome year with a waterslide! Woohoo!!!